Winston Churchill's Love Letter


Clementine and Winston after many years of marriage

Winston Churchill's letter to his wife Clementine below, really sums up the mature love which succeeds romantic love and passion in a long marriage.

January 23, 1935

My darling Clemmie,

In your letter from Madras you wrote some words very dear to me, about my having enriched your life. I cannot tell you what pleasure this gave me, because I always feel so overwhelmingly in your debt, if there can be accounts in love.... What it has been to me to live all these years in your heart and companionship no phrases can convey.Time passes swiftly, but is it not joyous to see how great and growing is the treasure we have gathered together, amid the storms and stresses of so many eventful and to millions tragic and terrible years?


Your loving husband (Winston Churchill)

Comments

DUSHYANT said…
wow
i like ur blog , keep on writing,and i ll be regular visitor to ur blog...
dushyant
jaipur
india
dr.dushyant@gmail.com
Anonymous said…
Fabulous! Thanks a lot for sharing this enhanced article with me.


Love Letters

Popular posts from this blog

Catherine the Great and her Many Lovers

Emperor Elagabalus; the Teenage Pervert

The Acropolis of Athens